Tuesday, November 27, 2007

'Put your kids first,' I'm a Celeb's Janice warns loved-up Cerys


I'm A Celebrity ... Get me out of here! contestant Janice Dickinson has warned mother-of-two Cerys Matthews to be careful with men and to put her children first.

Janice, 52, dished out the advice, replacing recently evicted Anna Ryder Richardson as Cerys' confidante, after Catatonia front-woman Cerys' feelings for ex-camper Marc Bannerman appeared to become even stronger throughout her time in the jungle.

Dickinson maintained that she was happy for Cerys, 32, but warned her to take things slowly as the embarassed singer was barely able to mutter a response.

anice said: "You need someone who wants the package deal. The children have to come first. Go slow."

Opinionated Janice used her own disastrous past experiences as an example of how Cerys could be making a mistake in pursuing her relationship with the former Eastenders star.

Janice: "There are guys that, yes, they want it at first, to be with the woman and they love the children and then they push the children out. It's happened to me on several occasions. It's the first thing I look for."

Bannerman and Matthews' flirtations in the jungle caused outrage as he had a girlfriend of two years, resulting in Marc's eviction and the break up of his relationship with actress Sarah Matravers.

As Matravers appears to have moved out of the home she shared with Marc, 34, Cerys has been discussing their own future, with fellow campers alluding to a possible wedding.

Although Cerys claims she will never remarry following her recent divorce from American music producer Seth Riddle, father of her two young children Glenys Pearl Y-Felin and Johnny Tupelo Jones, she has been excited by the prospect that Bannerman may be greeting her in Australia when she leaves the show.

Meanwhile, loudmouth Janice took the opportunity to open up about her past, admitting to an alcohol addiction that compromised her competence as a parent.

The three-times-divorced mother-of-two, who claims to have bedded an array of stars including Jack Nicholson and Mick Jagger, said if she could change anything in her life she would try not to be so angry and wouldn't have been unfaithful in her marriage.

Speaking to Cerys around the campfire in a rare moment of introspection, she said: "I wish someone was watching me because I was way too young and the alcohol was way too prevalent; it was free and I drank the whole tray. I came from a poor background. I regret that."

The heart-felt talk added to the downbeat mood after Anna's departure as the sixth contestant to be evicted. The camp mates were all shocked when Anna left, expressing their sadnessn - apart from Janice who said she was glad and was set on winning the show.

After Anna left, Cerys said: "I really feel like I have lost a sister now that Anna's gone. Anna and I got really really close. We'd just hang out on a log all the time and I miss her very much.

Ex-Five band member "J" said: "I'm really sad to see Anna go, she's an absolutely lovely, lovely woman."

Panto star Christopher Biggins agreed, adding: "I have been through a lot with Anna, she's absolutely gorgeous, I love her. From day one she was a real good egg."

But Janice said: "I am happy to see Anna go. She didn't want to be here. She complained the whole time. This wasn't right, that wasn't right. Maybe she's just typically English.

"I want to win. I want to be here for the duration. I deserve it."

source: Dailymail.co.uk